Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Blogging Again


I am leaving for Lithuania on Friday. When I tell people I am going to Lithuania mostly they respond with "Where is that?". I tell them it's in the Baltics and they again respond with "Where is that?" Then I respond with...northeast of Poland. And still they are confused.

Nevertheless, I am leaving for Lithuania on Friday. I am excited. I have seen pictures and read articles, but still have no idea what to expect from the country itself.

There is a group of 8 Univ. of Nebraska Omaha students going and we will be attending and participating in a theatre festival at Siauliai Univsersity. All semester we have been collecting scenes from American plays and on the final day of the festival we will be performing for them.

We had thought we were going to be housed in people's homes, but it ends up we will be in a dormitory/hostel situation. I have mixed feeling about it- I was looking forward to being a part of the daily life of some of the locals, but on the other hand it will be easier to communicate with the group and keep erratic schedules without interfering with a host family.

Meanwhile I have an MEGA-ULTIMATE TO DO LIST that I have less than 48 hours to complete. So I'm gonna get to it. Check in here for the next 10 days as I plan on blogging throughout the trip!