Saturday, April 17, 2010

Performance, Party, and a Volcano



Hello There!

OK- internet was scarce in Siauliai- so I know it seems as though I have blogged twice in one day, but this is only an illusion.nce

Our performance went very well... There was a nice energy and they laughed and clapped and were a very generous audience. The piece as a whole was interesting - it was a mixture of scenes with natural dramatic arcs and some that sort of represented a specific playwright or a specific genre, songs, monologues. But I fear for a foreign audience it may have been hard to follow some of it. Either way- we all felt very good about the performance and Amy and Qadir even won acting awards. It was lovely.

After our performance there were many other performances and workshops- some better than others, but all of them interesting or different or offered some new perspective. And the people. All the people have been so wonderful! I met wonderful folks from Turkey and Latvia, Lithuania of course. After our performance we were definitely in party mode and enjoyed the nightlife well into the morning. I talked about theatre and culture and learned new languages (which I was terrible at) and very drank a bit of Vodka (its very tasty here) and at a late night Kabob. Which us American's so fondly called Kabob-o-bell. All of which I paid the price for later. :/

Skipping ahead....we are in our last days here, but have been indefinitely delayed by Volcanic Ash. We are all a little upset about it. Our time here has been wonderful, but we all really miss home. I will write more later- as I am sure I will have some extra time. Say a little prayer- do a little "no ash dance" so we can get home soon!

No comments: